The REGATRACE project has released its first newsletter! In it, you can get the latest news from the biomethane world, learn about the project’s progress, and read about developments related to the biomethane market in each country.
REGATRACE aims to create an efficient trade system based on the issuing and trading of Guarantees of Origin (GoO) for biomethane/renewable gases. This will strongly contribute to the uptake of the European common biomethane market.
This objective will be achieved through a number of founding pillars:
- European biomethane/renewable gases GoO system
- Set-up of national GoO issuing bodies
- Integration of GoO from different renewable gas technologies with electric and hydrogen GoO systems
- Integrated assessment and sustainable feedstock mobilisation strategies and technology synergies
- Support for biomethane market uptake
- Transferability of results beyond the project’s countries.
*This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement number 857796.