The REGATRACE website is now online! Here you can find information on the project, on biomethane, on the consortium partners, and details regarding the work packages that make up the project. In the work package section, the project’s results and deliverables will be made available for download as they become available. If you’d like to learn more about biogas and biomethane, check out the helpful links to other associations and projects. You can also to stay up-to-date with the project’s latest news and events and sign up to receive the project’s newsletter.
REGATRACE aims to create an efficient trade system based on the issuing and trading of Guarantees of Origin (GoO) for biomethane/renewable gases. This will strongly contribute to the uptake of the European common biomethane market.
This objective will be achieved through a number of founding pillars:
- European biomethane/renewable gases GoO system
- Set-up of national GoO issuing bodies
- Integration of GoO from different renewable gas technologies with electric and hydrogen GoO systems
- Integrated assessment and sustainable feedstock mobilisation strategies and technology synergies
- Support for biomethane market uptake
- Transferability of results beyond the project’s countries.
*This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement number 857796.