URBAN EU CHINA
The URBAN-EU-CHINA Innovation Platform on Sustainable Urbanisation is a Coordination and Support Action funded by the European Commission’s H2020 framework programme. URBAN-EU-CHINA will create a digital and face-to-face platform for European and Chinese stakeholders active and interested in sustainable urbanisation. The platform will include policy strategies, city projects and stakeholder engagement to address common challenges and possible solutions that may be applied in both EU and China.
*This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 733571.
- Promote and develop Joint Policy Strategies, Funding and Cooperation Instruments for EU-China cooperation on sustainable urbanisation
- Create Joint Urban Demonstration Projects, in cooperation between industry, cities, research and other organisations
- Promote City-Industry-Science Partnerships using virtual and face-to-face meeting places
URBAN-EU-CHINA consortium brings together 12 partners, five Chinese and seven European, across disciplines and areas within the field sustainable urbanisation:
URBAN-EU-CHINA will boost research and innovation cooperation on sustainable urbanisation between the EU and China developing a strategic R&I agenda, organising networking events and peer-to-peer exchanges, performing urban innovation benchmarking and monitoring, and setting up joint demonstration projects.
- Develop a Strategic R&I Agenda that will provide a predictable, robust and long-term frame of reference for innovative urban entrepreneurs and other stakeholders from EU and China to be first movers, test solutions and invest in cooperation;
- Support better alignment of bilateral funding and cooperation instruments and resources;
- Endorse the development and implementation of a joint EU-CHINA call on sustainable urbanisation, in cooperation with Joint Programming Initiative Urban Europe.
- China Center for Urban Development (CCUD)
- China Academy of Urban Planning and Design (CAUPD)
- Tongji University
- University of Nottingham Ningbo (UNNC)
- European Chamber of Commerce in China (EUCCC)
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU, Norway)
- Institute of Studies for the Integration of Systems (ISINNOVA, Italy)
- Leibniz Institute of Ecological Urban and Regional Development (IOER, Germany)
- Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG, Austria)
- Austrian Institute of Technology (AIT, Austria)
- EUROCITIES (Belgium)
- ADVANCITY (France)
URBAN-EU-CHINA, a Coordination and Support Action funded by the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 framework programme, has just released its October 2017 newsletter, which discusses the project's upcoming events. The project is aimed at creating a [...]