The TENconnect 2 study has examined the TRANS-TOOLS model (“TOOLS for TRansport Forecasting ANd Scenario testing”) and its results and proposed modifications which have increased the accuracy of the model. Subsequently, the modified model has been applied for assessing three different options for the future development of the Trans European Network, namely implementation of the present priority projects up to 2030, implementation of an idealised comprehensive network up to 2030 and development of an improved core network on top of the proposed comprehensive network.
- Recalibration of the TRANS-TOOLS model
- Application of the recalibrated TRANS-TOOLS model for new forecasts for 2030 in order to identify core networks for road and rail for the EU
Further information on TRANS-TOOL is available on the EC website.
*Funded by the European Commission DG TREN
- Transport performance (passenger-km, tonnes-km, vehicle-km, etc.) at EU, national and NUTS II level, on annual basis or more detailed
- Modal split (share of demand using road modes, rail, air, etc.) both with reference to passengers and tonnes and to passenger-km and tonnes-km, thus also average distance of transport can be assessed
- Load on corridors (passengers and freight vehicles) and, therefore, levels of congestion on road infrastructure (TEN-T and main national links), and also, annual averages.
- Assessment of the unitary damage external costs, by transport mode, for emissions and accidents
- Tetraplan AS
- Centre for Traffic & Transport – Technical University of Denmark
- BMT – Transport Solutions
- Institute of Regional Planning – Christian Albrecht University
- SYSTEMA, Greece
- ITS Leeds