STADIUM – Smart Transport Applications Designed for large events with Impacts on Urban Mobility – aims at improving the performance of transport services and systems made available for large events hosted by big cities.
The project showcases Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) performances at three major events: the FIFA World Cup (South Africa 2010), the Commonwealth Games (India 2010) and the London Olympics (2012).
Over and above the activities geared to the demonstrations, the ultimate objective of STADIUM is to provide local transport authorities with a set of guidelines and specific tools (a comprehensive Handbook) to implement the required mobility management system. The Handbook features rely on an interactive database to serve as a decision support system at different stages of the decision/planning/implementation process.
For more information, please visit the project website.
*Funded by European Commission FP7
- Demonstrate a successful transport performance during the selected large events: the FIFA World Cup (South Africa 2010), the Commonwealth Games (India 2010) and the London Olympics (2012).
- Implement the online handbook and testing it in other cities hosting large events (In Europe and in Brazil)
- Coordinate the project
- Carry out a socio economic evaluation of technologies and measures
- Design and implementat specific guidelines and a handbook for Local Authorities hosting large events
- Support the exploitation of project results to favour their take up by other cities planning to host large events
- Impact Europe
- TfL -Transport for London,
- Rome Mobility Agency
- EA -NEA Transport research and training
- Thetis – THETIS SpA
- Mizar Automazione
- SAHA International (South Africa)
- SIAM – Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers
- Ashok Leyland
- Telematics Business Unit