In the LIV_IN project, major industry leaders from the ICT sector join forces to co-create more responsible approaches to innovation for the first time. LIV_IN builds on the premise that recognition of the value of RRI among industries is necessary in order to progress further in integrating RRI in industrial contexts.
The project follows an opportunity-oriented approach in order to:
- Activate industry leaders, experts and citizens to experiment with responsible ways of co-creating innovations;
- Build capacity for RRI implementation and develop tools that are applicable across industry sectors;
- Transform attitudes towards RRI from risk to opportunity.
*This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement number 787991.
LIV_IN will demonstrate the added value of RRI in the area of smart future living. We carefully selected this application area because it directly impacts the lives of citizens (societal relevance) but also constitutes a major emerging market (business opportunity). The project includes four key features that will significantly enhance the quality of the proposed coordination and support activities. First, six LIV_IN Labs and a virtual community of practice will constitute the central spaces for experimentation with integrating RRI in industry, and, consequently, the development of new approaches to innovation. Second, the application and continuous improvement of RRI tools in these spaces will contribute to capacity-building among industry and citizens alike. Third, embedded audiovisual story-telling will be the main vehicle for disseminating results and for shifting attitudes towards RRI from risk to opportunity. Finally, continuous dialogue with earlier and present initiatives in the areas of RRI, CSR and open innovation will ensure the transferability of project results across industry sectors. Ultimately, LIV_IN is guided by its vision to become a flagship initiative for effective integration of RRI in industry.
- Community building strategy for the virtual community
- Designing the technical specifications for the virtual community platform
- Virtual community interaction and support
- Wirtschaftsuniversitat Wien
- De Montfort University
- ISINNOVA – Istituto Di Studi Per L’integrazione Dei Sistemi
- Dialogik Gemeinnuetzige Gesellschaft Fuer Kommunikations- Und Kooperationsforschung Mbh
- Stichting Smart Homes
- Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
- Telefonica Moviles Espana Sa
- Otto Bock Healthcare Gmbh
- Atos Spain Sa
- Fundacion Bancaria Caixa D’estalvisi Pensions De Barcelona La Caixa
- Siveco Romania Sa
- Ericsson Nikola Tesla D.D.
- Infineon Technologies Austria Ag
- Comarch Sa
- Gopa Com
Partners from the LIV_IN project, aimed at co-creating more responsible approaches to innovation, along with key experts in inclusive innovation, talked about the importance of inclusive and sustainable innovation for meeting today's grand challenges at [...]
Our world is rapidly changing. Major challenges like ageing populations and climate change require ground-breaking approaches – and these can only be delivered through meaningful collaboration. This is why the LIV_IN project has created the [...]