I3U – Investigating the Impact of the Innovation Union
The Innovation Union has the main objective to strengthen the European innovative potential, and sets 13 general objectives and 34 specific (policy) commitments associated to the objectives, and aimed at stimulating innovation. The objective of I3U – Investigating the Impact of the Innovation Union is to deliver a system of assessment for the commitments. The approach starts from the evaluation of the state of achievement of the individual commitments, but puts crucial emphasis on their effects in the innovation system as a whole, as well as on the economy-wide effects of innovation. The basic idea is to retrace the entire chain of effects of the commitments, from their implementation to their final impact in terms of competitiveness, growth or employment.
*This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant number 645884.
The specific tasks that the project sets out to achieve are:
- Data collection and identification of mechanisms;
- Developing theoretical and econometric models in order to estimate the impact of the commitments;
- Developing a conceptual model of the innovation system, leading to a reference tool on which the impact analysis of the commitments individually and as a whole will be based, and which will also play a role of interface between the assessments of the commitments impact and the macro sectorial econometric work;
- A quantitative analysis of the commitments by use of the NEMESIS model, which is an existing macro-structural econometric model, but which will be modified and extended for the tasks at hand;
- An ex-ante and ex-post policy assessment of the economic effects of the Innovation Union at European, national and regional levels;
- To present policy conclusions and recommendations on the validation or the efficiency of the policies implemented.
- Assessment of the state of implementation of the Member States Reform Programmes
- Contract management
- Financial management
- Production of progress/management reports
- Coordination of sub-contracting
- UN-MERIT (Coordinator)
- UiO (Oslo University)
The agenda has been updated for the I3U – Investigating the Impact of the Innovation Union Final Conference, which will be held on September 25, 2018 at the Auditorium Nowotny COV2, Place Rogier 16, in [...]
I3U - Investigating the Impact of the Innovation Union has just released their third newsletter. The newsletter announces the final conference and discusses the newest results of the project. It also details recent and upcoming presentations of the project throughout Europe, [...]
The I3U project will be presented at an upcoming conference on the Innovation Union in Europe: Accomplishments and challenges, which will be held in Warsaw on September 10, 2018. Innovation is regarded as a core [...]
An I3U - Investigating the Impact of the Innovation Union Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) meeting has been held in Warsaw, Poland on 26-27 April 2018. The partners, along with members of the SAC, discussed the main [...]