EUth – Tools and tips for mobile and digital youth participation in and across Europe
The aim of EUth is to get more young people involved in political decision-making and increase their trust in European political institutions. For this we need youth-friendly digital and mobile participation tools to set up attractive participation projects.
The solution is created within the EUth project: OPIN, an all-in-one proven digital and mobile participation toolbox, ready to be embedded in web presence of youth organisations or administrations.
*This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 649594.
Once launched, the platform will offer the following three main services to its users. Together they are called the EUth -systems:
- EUth -applications are the “heart and soul” of the platform – participatory processes using different web and mobile features. They can be combined and customised according to individual needs. The EUth -applications are based on two existing tools: the open source software Adhocracy, a co-operative tool for text editing, discourse, delegation and voting, and the smartphone app FlashPoll for quick mobile polling.
In Italy and Slovenia a cross-border pilot project aims at initiating young community managers, who will then implement new – youth-relevant – policies in co-operation with their local administrations. ISINNOVA coordinates and manages the local partners involved in the cross-border pilot.
- NEXUS Institute for Cooperation Management and Iinterdisciplinary Research (nexus), Germany
- Alfstore (ALF), France
- Association des États Généraux des Étudiants de l’Europe (AEGEE), Belgium
- Development Centre of the Heart of Slovenia (HS), Slovenia
- European Youth Information and Counselling Agency (ERYICA), Luxembourg
- Institute of Studies for the Integration of Systems (ISINNOVA), Italy
- International Youth Service of the Federal Republic of Germany (IJAB), Germany
- Liquid Democracy e.V. (Liqd), Germany
- Missions Publiques, France
- Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden
- The Danish Board of Technology Foundation (DBT), Denmark
Photo: https://ec.europa.eu/youth/news/developing-digital-youth-work--agile-mindset-crucial_en The EC has just published the results of its expert group on developing digital youth work, which was presented at the EUth-OPIN Open Summit workshops in Berlin. The Open Summit, held [...]