Clean Fleets supports public authorities and fleet operators with tendering to achieve higher standards of energy and environmental performance in public road transport vehicles. The project helps public authorities and fleet operators to implement the EC Clean Vehicles Directive (CVD) 2009/33/EC, which is integrated into national law in all EU Member States.
The project provides support with tendering, modular training, opportunities for information exchange and specific advice to those organizations who must comply with the Directive. It also assists those who wish to go further than compliance, with innovative ways to purchase or lease clean and energy efficient vehicles.
For more information visit the project website.
*Funded by the European Commision – IEE
- Develop a guide on how to procure clean and energy-efficient vehicles in practice, following the Directive 2009/33/EC. The guide is to be accompanied by a toolkit of resources, such as a modular training package, a life cycle costing tool, sample tenders and good practice examples
- Organize training courses targeting local authorities purchasing clean vehicles
- Municipality of Sofia
- City of Stockholm
- Municipality of Rotterdam
- City of Bremen
- Romanian Union of Public Transport
- TÜV NORD Mobility
- Transport & Travel Research Ltd
- City of Zagreb Holding Ltd.
- Transport for London
- Freiburg Public Transport
- Palencia City Council