ASSET’s goals is to develop the scientific and methodological capabilities required to implement European policies with the aim of balancing the environmental protection of SA (Sensitive Areas) with the provision of an efficient transport system. Special emphasis is placed on the identification and implementation of market based instruments. Impacts from ASSET are primarily expected in the form of improved policy formulation and implementation, both in the area of infrastructure charging and for what concerns the sustainable development of the TEN-T. For more information visit the project website.
*Funded by the European Commission
- Develop a common framework of definitions, criteria and valuation parameters to deal with TSA across the EU
- Set up a methodology for the assessment of sensitiveness in TSA
- Map TSAs across the EU along a homogeneous set of sensitiveness criteria, allowing for the identification and prioritisation of critical sustainability issues geared to the development of the TEN-T.
- Review policy instruments applied throughout Europe for the protection of sensitive areas, with an analysis of their applicability to the different categories of TSA and the identification of adequate policy packages with a focus on market-based instruments.
- Manage and coordinate project’s activities
- Develop a case study on measure for environmental protection in marine areas
- Organize workshops and project events
- Centro de Estudios y Experimentación de Obras Públicas (CEDEX)
- UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS
- Institut fuer Energiewirtschaft und Rationelle Energieanwendung, University of Stuttgart (USTUTT)
- National Environmental Research Institute (NERI)
- Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute (VTI)
- Transport Research Centre (CDV)